KING PHILIP REGIONAL MUSIC DEPARTMENT
7TH AND 8TH GRADE BANDS
GOLD MEDAL SHOWCASE INFORMATION
SATURDAY, APRIL 21
Dear Parent/Guardian and Student:
First of all, Congratulations!!! A performance at Symphony Hall is an awesome experience and it was earned through hard work and commitment to excellence. Below please find an itinerary for the day. This event is sponsored by MICCA and is in its Eighteenth year. Please read the following information to insure a great time for all.
· Admission is free
· Video cameras and cameras are allowed.
· If you are bringing a small child, please be prepared to leave the hall during performance at the first sign of disruptive noise.
· Please do not enter or leave the hall during performance. Entering between numbers is permissible, but find a seat quickly.
· Please applaud all groups with enthusiasm.
· This is not a competition.
· CONCERT DRESS IS FORMAL! ALL BLACK!
· Please anticipate being in the hall at least a half-hour to forty-five minutes earlier than the performance time. MICCA will be moving the day along to insure finishing on time. If groups get done early, the following group will move up in time.
· Our Warm-up time is 11:00 A.M.
· Our assigned time is 11:30 A.M.
· Percussionists will have the luxury of only needing small equipment.
· After the performance, please meet the band members behind Symphony Hall near the loading dock.
· If you are taking your son/daughter from the performance, you must check with Mr. Wolloff or designated chaperone after the performance.
· There is plenty of parking in the area. Symphony Hall is on the corner of Mass Ave. and Huntington Ave.
8:45 AM Arrival at King Philip High School
9:00 AM Busses depart
10:00 AM Busses arrive at Symphony Hall
11:00 AM Warm up time
11:30 AM King Philip 7TH AND 8TH GRADE BANDS Performs – This could move up to an earlier time, 30 – 45 minutes early, be prepared.
12:00 PM Pack up and go in the hall to watch KP High School
1:30 PM Watch KP High School Symphony Band Perform
2:30 PM Pack bus and depart for KP High School
3:30 PM Arrive at KP High School
Students May want to bring a packed snack/lunch. We will not be stopping due to the number of other commitments the students have that day.
THANK YOU FOR A WONDERFUL PERFORMANCE.
KING PHILIP REGIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
Saturday, April 7, 2018
Below is the itinerary for Saturday
NESBA FINALS- Dartmouth High School
555 Bakerville Road, South
9:30am Rehearsal at King Philip High School
12:30pm Load Equipment/Truck--Students eat and get into uniforms.
2:00pm Depart KING PHILIP HIGH SCHOOL
3:15pm Arrive @ Dartmouth--Students use Restrooms,Check-In/Registration
3:30pm Unload Equipment at lot/enter through main entrance
4:51pm Warm-up in Area D
5:21pm Arrive @ Ready Line
5:31pm Performance Time
5:45pm Load Equipment/Truck and Chat
7:30 pm Depart Dartmouth
8:45pm Arrive @ KPRHS(students can leave after everything is put away
Tickets are $15 for Adults and $10 for Students/Seniors and will be sold at the competition. The KPMA has tickets to sell and Barbara will be at practice on Thursday at 9:00pm to sell. The competition begins at 1:00pm. As spectators I ask all KP band supporters to be extremely courteous and respectful of all other groups. Please cheer loudly and fully for all groups. Please refer to the handbook for more information about competitions as well.
KING PHILIP REGIONAL HIGH SCHOOL MUSIC DEPARTMENT
GOLD MEDAL SHOWCASE
@ SYMPHONY HALL, BOSTON
SATURDAY, APRIL 21
9:15 AM Meet in KPHS Lobby
9:30 AM Depart KPHS
10:30 AM Arrive @ Symphony Hall
11:30 AM Performance - 7th & 8th Grade Band
1:00 PM Warmup
1:30 PM Performance - Concert Band & Symphony Band
2:30 PM Depart for KPHS
3:35 PM Arrive @ KPHS
Concert Band - ALL black. No t-shirts, jeans, or sneakers.
Symphony Band - Tuxedo or black gown.